Five Warning Signs that Your Air Conditioner is on the Fritz
All air conditioners are eventually going to run into issues. Thankfully, an air conditioner will typically give you some tell-tale warning signs before it completely stops working. At Lynn's Heating, Cooling, Sewer & Drain we provide air conditioning repair in Winnipeg, and we want you to be aware of the signs that your air conditioner might be on the brink of breaking down.
1) Weak airflow — Weak airflow is a common indicator that your air conditioner's compressor is failing. It can also be a sign of more minor issues, such as a dirty air filter or clogged ductwork. These minor issues, however, can themselves eventually lead to compressor failure, so it's always best to have your system checked out by Winnipeg air conditioning experts if you notice a weak airflow.
2) Constant cycling — A dirty air filter can also be the culprit behind an air conditioning unit which is constantly cycling on and off. Constant cycling may additionally be caused by an improperly calibrated thermostat, a faulty compressor clutch, or ductwork issues. Whatever the culprit is, constant cycling can increase your energy bills and is a sure sign that your air conditioner isn't working as it should be.
3) Strange noises — Most homeowners are familiar with the typical sounds their air conditioner makes when it's running. If you suddenly notice a cacophony of new banging, buzzing, clicking, whining, clunking, or shuttering noises, then you know it's high time to contact a Winnipeg air conditioner repair professional. Strange new noises could indicate a plethora of potential problems.
4) Leaks — It is wise never to ignore any leaks that you find around your air conditioning unit as a leak may indicate a refrigerant issue. Leaking refrigerant can pose both a health and an environmental risk, and so requires prompt air conditioner repair in Winnipeg. Aside from a refrigerant issue, suspect moisture may also indicate that the drain line is blocked or broken and in need of repair.
5) Unpleasant Odours — Finally, one of the easiest ways to tell that your air conditioner is on the fritz is with your nose. A musty smell may indicate the growth of mold or mildew inside your system, a burning smell likely means that you have a burned out electrical component, and a chemical smell could be a sign of a potentially dangerous chemical leak.
Professional Air Conditioning Repair in Winnipeg
Heeding the above warning signs and having your air conditioner repaired before it completely breaks down on you is important, especially in the summer. You don't want to be stuck without a working air conditioner on a blistering hot day.
Lynn's Heating, Cooling, Sewer & Drain can provide for all of your Winnipeg air conditioning repair needs. Or, if it's time to upgrade your air conditioning system, you can choose from among our efficient and reliable line of Bryant air conditioners.
To learn more about new air conditioners and air conditioning repair in Winnipeg, don't hesitate to contact Lynn's Heating, Cooling, Sewer & Drain.